In order to celebrate the launch of a brand new year we have asked our staff to reflect on 2009 a little prior to tackling 2010. So we asked them to answer a few simple questions:
5 Favorite Songs of 2009
4 Favorite Albums of 2009
3 Favorite Movies of 2009
2 Favorite TV Shows of 2009
1 Favorite Moment of 2009
NAME: Steve Ford
TITLE: VP of Marketing
- “Then” – Brad Paisley: Here is a song I wish I had written – emotional, meaningful and memorable. Plus it makes the girls cry. And, you know, if they cry they will buy.
- “Poison & Wine” – The Civil Wars: Haunting & moving with amazing vocals
- “Beauty Has A Name” – Thad Cockrell: What a beautiful song!
- “Home” – Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros: A tasty slice of hippy, psychedelic 70s pop
- “Superman” – Evan Ford: I may be a little biased because it is my son, but the song is pretty good. And it was one of my favorites of the year. Check it out: http://www.last.fm/music/Evan+Kerrick/First+is+the+Worst/Superman
I judged this by how many times I listened to a new record over the last year. Not trying to be too cool, just pure data, out of the 80+ full records I got in 2009 did I listen to the most
- Phoenix – Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
- Brad Paisley – American Saturday Night
- Owl City – Ocean Eyes
- Ray LaMontagne – Gossip In The Grain
Honorable mentions: Dave Mathews Band, Cage the Elephant, The Civil Wars
- The Informant
- 500 Days of Summer
Honorable mentions: Star Trek, State of Play, I have hopes for Sherlock Holmes, Up In The Air and Avatar.
Honorable mentions: Glee, Flash Forward, 30 Rock & Modern Family
This was that I got engaged and my beautiful daughter did as well. What guy can say that. You got engaged the same year as your daughter. And no, sickos, I did not get engaged to her.